Retail Banking Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant provides support to the Manager and the Assistant Manager in the overall management of the branch; ensuring that the Bank's goals and objectives are met and; that the Bank's policies, procedures, practices and controls are being adhered to in order to protect the Bank against monetary loss. In branches where there is no Assistant Manager, the incumbent assumes some of the responsibilities of that position. Although the duties are similar to those of the Assistant Manager, the position is limited in scope and authority in the operation of the branch. The Executive Assistant has similar signing and approval authorizations as the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations of the branch. Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands depositor relationships and utilizes sales techniques with customers. Has the ability to recognize problems and take appropriate action. Recommends changes in procedures and systems for the overall benefit of the branch. Replies to a range of general and legal correspondence and reviews and replies to pertinent documents related to legal accounts. The incumbent assists with new account operations, cross-sells bank products and services, and performs duties related to sales and branch operations. May be required to work weekends and/or extended hours and regular, reliable attendance is critical. May be required to work at neighboring branch locations.
- Ensures that adequate security is provided and maintained for the branch's cash, negotiable instruments and equipment.
- Recommends changes in systems and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of customer banking needs and aggressively promotes new business and cross sells additional products and services to all new and existing customers.
- Performs sales related duties (i.e. meetings, coaching, counseling and reports).
- Discusses and resolves customer complaints, concerns and problems in person, over the telephone and in writing.
- Replies to a variety of general and legal correspondence.
- Opens new accounts and assists customers in processing routine and non-routine transactions.
- Assists with the daily opening and closing of the branch.
- Conducts performance appraisals and coaches and counsels employees accordingly.
- Conducts branch/departmental staff meetings to discuss bank/branch objectives; establish priorities and; to ensure compliance with established policy and procedures.
- Prepares and reviews a variety of daily, weekly and monthly reports (i.e. potential losses, cash items, sales, etc.)
- Reviews and reconciles various branch general ledger accounts.
- Assists with routine internal audits of the branch, ensuring that adequate audit practices and controls are maintained.
- Communicates in person, over the telephone and in writing with inter/intra departmental representatives.
- Performs supervisory duties as assigned.
- Utilizes prudent judgment in extending approval to process transactions (e.g. accepting checks, approving signatures).
- Familiarity with and adherence to the bank s code of conduct.
- Notifies and follows up with appropriate persons to ensure that branch facilities and equipment are well maintained.
- Investigates and obtains information to facilitate decision's; to resolve customer problems and complaints; to reply to customer questions and; to furnish Senior Management and inter/intra departmental representatives with information as needed.
- Notarizes legal documents for bank customers.
- Assists with the daily proving of the branch (i.e. tellers, ATM's, etc.)
- Assists customers with the opening, access and surrender of safe deposit boxes.
- Conducts testing of security devices and updats branch product promotional systems
- Maintains an inventory and orders branch supplies as needed (i.e. forms, transaction tickets, promotional brochures, disclosure statements, equipment supplies, postage, etc.).
- nterviews prospective job applicants.
- Devotes time and resources to select and develop staff.
- Prepares branch schedules to ensure adequate branch staffing (i.e. vacation schedules, Saturday schedules and swing shifts).
- Builds and maintains professional community ties.
- Prepares records for destruction as scheduled.
- Ability to operate branch equipment (i.e. calculator, computer terminal, check imaging, ATM, security controls, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Clear and effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Courteous and friendly behavior.
- Comprehensive banking knowledge and ability to perform all functions within branch operations.
- Thorough knowledge of all Bank products and services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's policies, procedures, practices and controls.
- Experience using teller/platform terminalsand related programs.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the Bank and the operations of the branch.
- Sales oriented with a thorough understanding of sales and the selling process.
- Proficient with branch equipment (i.e. calculators, microfilm, micro-encoder, ATM, computer terminal, security controls, etc.)
- Must qualify to be licensed as a Notary Public for New York State.
- Working knowledge of personal computer with related banking floor programs, such as: email, word processing, on-line reports, etc.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.