The primary responsibilities of this role, Larotrectinib Clinical Support Specialist - (multiple locations- are to:
- Partner closely with area Bayer and Loxo colleagues to provide academic centers, pediatric centers, hospital and community-based practices in-depth clinical information focused on driving adoption of diagnostic testing for Tropomyosin Receptor Kinases (TRK) fusion and demand generation of Larotrectinib and ensure positive customer experiences through providing ongoing clinical support and in services;
- Develop strategic plan, implement area growth strategy and identify and address barriers to drive adoption of diagnostic testing for TRK fusion and demand generation of Larotrectinib;
- Obtain and maintain full proficiency in identified tumor types, disease state, product and business knowledge to support the needs of accounts and the sales team and serve as an expert to sales training and the field force;
- Maintain strong working relationships with brand teams and assist in the development of disease-state education pieces;
- Identify and communicate customer issues, educational opportunities, and market developments through supervisor and internal partners;
- Drive proper clinical understanding and appropriate usage of Larotrectinib including appropriate patient selection, optimal product position, patient management guidelines, proper dosing and AE management via technical in-services via peer-to-peer activities resulting in an increase in sales.
Commercial Key Opinion Leader Development:
- Identify, profile, develop, build and maintain strategic, long-term relationships with new and identified Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), mid-level providers and nursing professions;
- Develop primary strategy and pull through initiatives for targeted academic centers, hospitals and large accounts focused on increasing adoption of TRK Fusion testing and usage of Larotrectinib.
External Business Liaison:
- Serve as a liaison, educator and promotional conduit to Larotrectinib/Oncology customer base demonstrating an ability to educate, persuade and articulate favorable position for Larotrectinib and TRK fusion testing and provides KOL feedback to Bayer;
- Compliantly educate, persuade and articulate favorable position for Bayer Oncology product portfolio.
Business Results Orientation:
- Understand sales plans and strategically plan to meet or exceed sales goals by disseminating approved product education and driving awareness of TRK fusion diagnostic testing and Larotrectinib through customer meetings, dinner programs, round tables and society presentations;
- Compliantly work with field commercial representatives to provide support for clinical initiatives and ensure healthcare provider education and support is provided in time sensitive fashion.
Coaching and Leadership:
-Develop and leverage customer partnerships into strong value proposition resulting in an increased awareness of TRK fusion testing and Larotrectinib while demonstrating understanding of reimbursement, healthcare trends and public policy.
- Lead in a collaborative environment while developing strong internal relationships and serve as an education conduit and Larotrectinib product expert for internal business and external partners;
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in related disease states and the ability to serve as a technical and clinical resource to the medical community;
- Ability to resolve customer issues;
-Demonstrate strong Presentation/Platform Skills.
- Current license in nursing (RN, BSN, NP, APN);
- Bachelors in Science Nursing preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of Oncology clinical experience in a Larotrectinib related tumor area;
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- Established relationships and understanding of oncology departments within institutions and/or hospitals in territory;
- Passionate and self-motivated individual;
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record;
- Ability to travel as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be able to handle extensive travel requirements (50-75%).
- Oncology certification nurse (OCN);
-Previous pharmaceutical industry experience;
- Experience in launching new products and/or indications;
- Experience in Oncology and/or diagnostics;
-Experience with working in an alliance partnerships;
-Experience focused on Academic Centers, Pediatric Centers and large Oncology practices.
Associated topics: advanced, assistant cna, bsn, certified nursing assistant, clinic, crna, family, family nurse practioner, nurse practitioner, prac