Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
This position will be responsible for the execution of various activities supporting CIT's Compensation department, including base salary, and short-term and long-term incentives planning and execution. He/she will act as a consultant to the HR Business Partners on compensation matters, support the year-end compensation process, and assist with internal controls.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Recruiters to provide input and guidance on new hires, promotions, and other compensation matters
- Support reporting and analysis, including data integrity and quality for annual compensation tracking and accrual processes
- Assist with planning, support and communication for the year-end compensation process (incentive and salary recommendations), including summary reporting to Senior Management
- Assist with survey participation and the preparation of market competitiveness analyses. Support development of salary and total compensation ranges and guidance
- Collaborate with other corporate functions (e.g., Legal, Accounting, Tax) to support compensation practices and activities
- Lead or support other compensation projects as required
- Minimum of BS/BA degree and five years of Compensation experience. Financial services industry experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional analytical, data and project management skills.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to establish strong working relationships with colleagues and clients, and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Client-focused, proactive and results-oriented
Associated topics: benefit, benefit specialist, employee, enrollment, human resource, hunter, interview, recruiter, talent accquisition, train