Electronics Technician Maintenance: ATMP: Louisville, KY
Lockheed Martin Corporation
1 N 3rd St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position is full-time hourly (Non-Exempt) working with the Life Cycle Contractor Support for the Army TADSS Maintenance Program (ATMP), Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement Systems (MILES) family of Tactical Engagement Simulator Systems (TESS) and Essential Skills Trainer (EST) training devices and other supported devices as required. ATMP operations support the Warfighter: to provide realistic joint and combined arms training focused on developing soldiers, leaders, and units of the United States Army for success on the 21st Century Battle Field.
* Applicant will be competent in performing maintenance, repair and installation of various types of electronic equipment and related devices.
* The Electronic Technician III applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
* Work typically requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
* Work typically requires technical guidance, and tasking from supervisor for general compliance with accepted Lockheed Martin (LM) practices.
* Ensure maintenance logs and other required equipment documentation is complete and accurate.
* Apply data gained through the troubleshooting/repair process in preparing and revising maintenance instructions and procedures, and recommend/ implement manufacturer/engineering changes.
* On occasion, candidate will conduct instructional program training, assemble presentation materials and teach multiple course subjects in commercial, governmental, industrial or service establishments.
* Incumbent will test students to evaluate their learning progress and to evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
* Must be able to solder circuit boards, wire harnesses and cabling according to IPC standards or equivalent.
* Assist with job related tasks the LM Mutli-Disciplined Engineer may direct.
Required Education: A minimum of one of the following
* HS Diploma
* AA in Electronics Technology,
* AA in Computer Engineering Technology
* Equivalent Trade degree
Required Skills and Experience:
* Extensive experience in maintenance and repair of complex electronics systems, with experience in digital equipment maintenance experience, including working knowledge of computer systems, and data processing systems.
* Must be fluent in English, with ability to read, write, and comprehend technical documentation, schematics, and diagrams.
* Must be able to read, write and comprehend US Army Technical and Field Manuals.
* Must have experience inputting data into data processing system
* Must have basic computer skills and experience with Windows operating systems
Required Physical Abilities:
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
* Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
* Must be able to perform job duties in extreme environmental conditions (heat, cold, wind), elevation (travel by aircraft, mountain tops, elevated walk areas, towers, armored vehicles) and at night.
* Must be able to operate under limited visibility and inclement weather conditions.
* Possess a valid driver's license, maintain military installation driving privileges.
* Must be able to obtain a US Army issued CAC (Common Access Card)
* Must be able to travel for up to 30 days with limited notice
* Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.