Lead Project Manager for the National Military Command Center. Leads a wide range of Project Management activities and ensures use of Project Management Institute best practices. Responsible for ensuring capability delivery via the project lifecycle that provisions enterprise software, infrastructure, cyber security, and network systems. Ensures progress via well planned, communicated, and documented actions within the Initiation Phase, Planning Phase, Execution Phase, Control/Monitoring, and Closing Phase. Responsible for processing requirements approved on the NMCC/Joint Staff Form 120 and through the Air Force requirements process supporting the mission essential functions (MEF) of the NMCC.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Works aggressively across NMCC leadership, program managers, and other key stakeholders to ensure full integration and synchronization of Project Management activities.
* Ensures meeting coordination and clarity of scope, policy compliance, alignment within strategic objectives and program/portfolio plans, and thorough communication plan execution.
* Works with other PMs and Program Managers to ensure engineering, cyber and operations SME resource leveling actions to deliver projects.
* Directs project team to follow comprehensive NMCC communications and stakeholder engagement plan.
* Updates MS Project plans, maintain files on Project Server, & MS SharePoint.
* Use MS Office products to create and maintain project plans, schedules, Statements of Work, Bill of Materials, risk registers, presentations and briefings.
* Applies Risk Management principles to identify, analyze, mitigate, accept or ignore risks for all projects.
* Coordinates activities with CIO IT Portfolio Managers, governance/policy leads, Resource Managers, Program Managers, and government leads to ensure desired solutions are supportable/documented across all functions to include full cyber accreditation and network operations sustainment.
* Ensures all Scope changes are fully vetted and documented.
* Works closely with engineering and operations teams to minimize design time and reduce service transition risks.
Required Skills and Certifications:
* Active PMP Certification
* Top Secret clearance
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and apply other time management skills to operate effectively in a highly fluid, fast-paced environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, in both day-to-day operational and IT management interaction contexts
* ITIL V3 Foundations certified
* Scrum or Agile Certified
Cyber Security certification(s) a strong plus.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
* 7 years' experience in IT Project Management
* DOD or Federal Government experience
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task