- Verigent, LLC
19 King Ave
Verigent, a nationwide IT and Telecom Job Placement Agency, has an opening for a Network Engineer
based at Hanscom AFB!
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. If selected, you will work for Verigent's client. **Verigent also offers referral bonuses for recommendations of successful candidates!**Job Title:
Hanscom Air Force BaseSUMMARY
Verigent is seeking a Network Engineer to help design, manage, implement and troubleshoot solutions at Hanscom AFB. This work is part of an operational network team that provides day to day administration and management of a highly available network infrastructure supporting over 5500+ users.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, install, configure and troubleshoot network infrastructure with short timelines using latest networking technologies and provide excellent customer support for all network related services
- Work on daily tasks and on-going upgrade projects to include remedy tickets, operational support for routers, switches, IP address management, network management tools etc. Projects include design and integration of new networks into the existing architecture
- Provide engineering support for classified, unclassified networks and other enclave networks
- Support emergency operations on an as needed basis 24/7 & respond to all operational needs according to contract parameters
- Bachelor s degree in IT, mathematics or Computer Science or equivalent plus 6+ years experience as a Network Engineer with very strong experience in network design, implementation and troubleshooting.
- Must have an active Secret clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
- Must have a current Sec+ certification at time of hire.
- Experience with upgrading software on network infrastructure hardware, AAA servers for device/user authentication, SNMPv3, Syslog and Network Monitor tools is needed
- Hands-on experience in design/configuration/installation/troubleshooting of Cisco/Juniper product line of routers/switches, a must
- Hands-on experience with OSPF, VRF, VRRP, QOS, VLAN, STP, Dot1x, IP access control lists, IPsec, Virtual Chassis/Stacking, a must
- Strong working knowledge and excellent troubleshooting skills of Layer 3 & Layer 2 protocols in a VoIP environment, a must
- Working knowledge of DHCP, NMS - Orion NPM/NCM, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, Wireshark etc. needed
- CCNA/CCNP certification is preferred
- Knowledge Windows/Linux operating systems an added plus
- Knowledge of Taclanes, VTC, Voice platforms is an added plus
- Knowledge of W2K8/W2K12/W2K16/IIS is an added plus
Job description is not all encompassing additional responsibilities may be added at supervisor discretion.
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: analog, antenna, asic, design engineer, electrical engineer, electronics, frequency, hardware, repair, technical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...